Adam’s practice focuses on issues of fiduciary duty law, product liability, and unfair competition law. He has significant experience litigating matters in state and federal courts, including courts of appeal, and regularly counsels clients on business and agency matters.
Adam has represented a variety of clients including Fortune 500 companies, nonprofits and individuals. He has defended corporate clients as part of a team that served as national coordinating counsel in complex mass tort actions and has been appointed to leadership positions in coordinated litigation proceedings representing individuals.
Adam serves as a commissioner on the Judicial Nominees Evaluation Commission of the California State Bar, which vets the governor’s potential judicial candidates. He is also a member of the Bar Association of San Francisco, the American Bar Association, and the Association of Business Trial Lawyers.
He graduated from The George Washington University Law School in 1997 where he was a member of The Environmental Lawyer. He earned his undergraduate degree in political science and economics from Boston University where he graduated magna cum laude in 1992 and was elected Phi Beta Kappa.
● Represented two investors against private equity firm for breach of fiduciary duty and fraud stemming from a corporate acquisition.
● Represented Fortune 500 Corporation against a large law firm for breach of fiduciary duty arising from an appeal of a class action.
● Represented investors against hedge fund for breach of fiduciary duty and fraud stemming from hedge fund’s use of investors’ funds.
● Defended public corporation against claims of breach of fiduciary duty, fraud and breach of contract regarding the purchase and sale of a corporation.
● Represented Catholic diocese against insurers for bad faith and breach of contract.
● Defended nationally renown museum against claims of ownership of artwork.
● Defended insurer in class action arising from insurer’s loss reporting to state agency.
● Defended insurer in class action regarding collection and calculation of premium.
● Represented manufacturer in construction defect claim regarding the construction of multi-million dollar clean room manufacturing facility.
● Defended medical provider in negligence action alleging permanent mental and physical birth defects of a child.
● Defended lumber yard in a wrongful death action.
● Defended large consumer product manufacturer in nationwide class action alleging deceptive marketing and sales practices.
● Defended medical device manufacturer in nationwide class action alleging product defects.
● Represented numerous individuals regarding a defective orthopedic hip implant.
● Defended generic pharmaceutical manufacturer against product liability claims involving leading prescription medications.